ITDev has an excellent track record in designing communications schemes and making technology choices in this area.
We have a deep knowledge of Internet protocols from SMTP to SOAP and can utilise these existing standards to rapidly develop a solution.
We apply the latest standards of modularisation, testing and design for security to our communications work.
For systems with low resources, where good performance is needed, a custom protocol may be the correct choice. ITDev can help with:
- Choice of packet or stream based systems
- Mapping data into a suitable representation
- Analysis of states, timing, concurrency and race conditions
- Implementing standard network layering using the OSI model
- Unit testing, documentation and verification
- Performance testing
Often our custom protocols are built on a common base such as:
- The socket programming interface
ITDev has created a virtual network model using embedded Linux to facilitate the development of next generation TCP/IP queueing algorithms, for enhanced quality of service (QoS).
We have partnered with a company to develop firmware implementing the IEEE 802.15.4 specification for building ultra low-power digital radio networks using the Zigbee standard.
We have worked with companies deploying the latest RFID technology into wireless data measurement and location devices.
Relevant Communications Standards
- IEEE 802.15.4
- TCP/IP and UDP
- SOAP (an XML based protocol for delivering web services)