Are you passionate about technology and people?
ITDev is looking for high-calibre candidates to join our team who share our company values of Empathy, Trust, Considered, Passionate and Smart. These values contribute to a strong business culture and as testimony to this, we are delighted to announce that we have been nominated as a finalist in the 'Best Company to Work for' category in the Solent Business Awards.
We are conveniently located on the outskirts of Southampton close to the M27 and M3, and easily commutable from the south of the M4 (Newbury: 40 mins, Basingstoke: 35 mins).
Our talented Software Engineers and Electronic Design Engineers create world-class products for our clients. We typically develop:
- Embedded systems
- Device drivers
- Mobile applications (e.g. for Android)
- PC and web-based applications
- FPGA solutions
Our team likes working for ITDev for many reasons including: we have a wide variety of projects; we are constantly learning new technologies; we have a calm and relaxed work environment; the work is fun and enjoyable; we have a great family atmosphere. To see what we've been up to recently, take a look at our Facebook page.
We are currently advertising for a Junior Systems Administrator (see full ad below).
We are also interested in engineers with experience of:
- Audio, Image, Video processing and compression
- Signal processing techniques
- Artificial intelligence (AI) / machine learning
- Computer vision
If you are looking to work for a growing consultancy where everyone works as part of a team and you are excited by varied, technically challenging, cutting-edge projects, then we want to hear from you. We welcome speculative applications from top quality engineers at all levels from junior to senior, for either permanent or contract work. Also, if you are interested in future job opportunities then we would love to take your details so that we can let you know when a suitable vacancy arises.
We have the following vacancy (strictly no agencies and no canvassers):
This is a fantastic opportunity to join us during a period of exciting growth. Situated in our modern offices within the Science Park, you will be exposed to a variety of technologies. Reporting to the IT manager, you will be the first point of contact for IT within the business. Internal hands-on training will be provided to ensure you get up to speed quickly – and for the right candidate, this is a role that you will get out as much as you put in.
- Providing day-to-day first-line IT support for in-house infrastructure, users and related client projects, for both Windows and Linux platforms.
- Implementation and commissioning of new IT systems and services.
- Maintaining the backup and monitoring services.
- Performing pro-active daily checks to ensure the company’s critical IT systems are running smoothly.
- Maintaining accurate IT hardware and software inventory.
- Administering 3rd party IT services such as DNS, internet, email and VoIP.
- Keeping abreast of new IT technology and methodology.
- Improving company IT processes and ensuring existing policies and processes are adhered to.
- Identifying areas within the business where IT can provide a tangible benefit in productivity and efficiency.
Essential Qualifications & Attributes:
A minimum of 1 year of experience in an IT support role, or degree in a related subject.
You must have a passion for IT and be able to demonstrate an aptitude for technically challenging IT work (training will be provided).
Salary guide: £18,000 to £25,000
If you feel that you are suited to this position then we would like to hear from you. Please see the application details below.
We offer a fantastic range of benefits including (for full-time, permanent positions):
- Uncapped profit share (20% of net profit distributed to the team).
- Flexible working.
- Continuous mentoring.
- Free membership of professional institution (IET for engineers).
- Pension scheme.
- Health cover.
- Sports and social events.
- 25 days holiday per year, plus bank holidays.
- Childcare vouchers for eligible staff via salary sacrifice.
- Free car parking.
- And free fruit!
We run a reward scheme where a team member can recognise any other team member that acts in a way that exemplifies our company values, by sending them a value card. Each month we pick two cards at random with the recipients receiving a small prize!
ITDev organises a range of sports and social activities. Based in Southampton, we have the delights of the Solent and the New Forest on our doorstep.
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV attached and quote the job reference ID (or state that this is a speculative submission for current or future opportunities).
Our recruitment team will acknowledge your application by email within a few days. If you do not receive this please check your Junk folder (to prevent our emails from be treated as SPAM you could configure your email client to allow all emails from itdev.co.uk).
Please check that:
- Your email explains why you are suited to working for ITDev.
- If you are an international candidate there are no restrictions on your right to work (see below).
Strictly no agencies and no canvassers.
ITDev does not process applications from candidates that have restrictions on their right to work, or their right to work has an expiry date. If you have a visa that only provides a temporary right to work then you will not be considered for work at ITDev (as is the case for most international students).
ITDev does not have a UK Border Agency sponsor license, so we do not sponsor workers from outside the European Economic Area.
All candidates that are invited for interview will be requested to bring documentation to confirm their identity and their unrestricted right to work in the UK.
We are an equal opportunities employer (see our code of conduct for more information).