Are you passionate about technology and people?
ITDev is looking for high-calibre engineers who share our strong company values of Empathy, Trust, Considered, Passionate and Smart.
ITDev provides fully managed technology design services from its modern high-tech offices on the Southampton Science Park. Despite being a small company with a family atmosphere, our software and electronics designs touch the lives of millions of people every day. Whether it is through our contributions to the Android operating system, or through our work on broadcast equipment that delivers television content throughout the world, you have probably experienced the results of some of our projects already. We deliver design services for audio/video system development under our Imicast brand.
We are conveniently located on the outskirts of Southampton close to the M27 and M3, and easily commutable from the south of the M4 (Newbury: 40 mins, Basingstoke: 35 mins).
Our talented Software Engineers and Electronic Design Engineers create world-class products for our clients. We typically develop:
- Embedded systems
- Device drivers
- Mobile applications (e.g. for Android)
- PC and web-based applications
- FPGA solutions
Our team likes working for ITDev for many reasons including: we have a wide variety of projects; we are constantly learning new technologies; we have a calm and relaxed work environment; the work is fun and enjoyable; we have a great family atmosphere. To see what we've been up to recently, take a look at our Facebook page.
We are particularly interested in engineers with experience of:
- Audio, Image, Video processing and compression
- Signal processing techniques
- Artificial intelligence (AI) / machine learning
- Computer vision
If you are looking to work for a growing consultancy where everyone works as part of a team and you are excited by varied, technically challenging, cutting-edge projects, then we want to hear from you. We welcome speculative applications from top quality engineers at all levels from junior to senior, for either permanent or contract work. Also, if you are interested in future job opportunities then we would love to take your details so that we can let you know when a suitable vacancy arises.
We have the following vacancy (strictly no agencies and no canvassers):
As part of our strategic plan for 2019 we are recruiting a hands-on Junior Systems Administrator to support our IT infrastructure.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join us during a period of exciting growth. Situated in our modern offices within the Science Park, you will be exposed to a variety of technologies and be able to play a key role in the future direction of IT within the company.
Reporting to the IT manager, you will be the first point of contact for IT within the business. This is a varied and challenging role, however internal hands-on training will be provided to ensure you get up to speed quickly – and for the right candidate, this is a role that you will get out as much as you put in.
Whilst this is predominately an infrastructure and support role, in addition to your day-to-day IT responsibilities, you will also have the opportunity on occasion to work as a software engineer, on both internal and external projects, should you so desire.
- Providing day-to-day first-line IT support for in-house infrastructure, users and related client projects, for both Windows and Linux platforms.
- Implementation and commissioning of new IT systems and services.
- Maintaining the backup and monitoring services.
- Performing pro-active daily checks to ensure the company’s critical IT systems are running smoothly.
- Maintaining accurate IT hardware and software inventory.
- Administering 3rd party IT services such as DNS, internet, email and VoIP.
- Keeping abreast of new IT technology and methodology.
- Improving company IT processes and ensuring existing policies and processes are adhered to.
- Identifying areas within the business where IT can provide a tangible benefit in productivity and efficiency.
Essential Competences and Skills:
- Good general knowledge of PC and related hardware.
- Basic network administration, inc. cabling/patching, an understanding of TCP/IP.
- A good understanding of IT security challenges and best practices.
- Good knowledge of MS Windows and MS Office (or similar office suite).
- A good awareness of Linux and open source technologies.
- Team player.
- Quality focused.
- Professional, reliable, trustworthy.
- Strong troubleshooting skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to quickly learn new technologies and tools.
Desirable Skills & Experience:
- Linux systems administration, including installation, package management, basic system configuration.
- Windows desktop, server administration and related services: WSUS, Active Directory, Group Policy, WDS, etc.
- Network administration & Internet security: Switch configuration, DHCP, DNS, Firewalls, VPNs etc.
- Server & desktop virtualisation technologies e.g. KVM, VirtualBox.
- LDAP, FreeIPA, or related directory technology.
- Microsoft Exchange and Office 365.
- Nagios or other monitoring technology.
- Exposure to configuration management, ideally Puppet.
- Web Content Management Systems, ideally Drupal.
- Databases: MySQL, SQLite.
- Project management/tracking tools: Trac, Jira, etc.
- Revision control systems: e.g. Git, Subversion.
- Exposure to scripting languages: e.g. Perl.
- Experience with dedicated server-class hardware.
- Agile development: e.g. Scrum, Kanban, DevOps.
Essential Qualifications & Attributes:
A minimum of 1 year of experience in an IT support role, or degree in a related subject.
You must have a strong work ethic and you must be excited by varied and technically challenging projects.
Salary guide: £18,000 to £25,000
If you feel that you are suited to this position then we would like to hear from you. Please see the application details below.
We offer a fantastic range of benefits including (for full-time, permanent positions):
- Uncapped profit share (20% of net profit distributed to the team).
- Flexible working.
- Continuous mentoring.
- Free membership of professional institution (IET for engineers).
- Pension scheme.
- Health cover.
- Sports and social events.
- 25 days holiday per year, plus bank holidays.
- Childcare vouchers for eligible staff via salary sacrifice.
- Free car parking.
- And free fruit!
We run a reward scheme where a team member can recognise any other team member that acts in a way that exemplifies our company values, by sending them a value card. Each month we pick two cards at random with the recipients receiving a small prize!
ITDev organises a range of sports and social activities. Based in Southampton, we have the delights of the Solent and the New Forest on our doorstep.
To apply for a position at ITDev, please send your CV with a covering letter to email.
Strictly no agencies and no canvassers.
We are an equal opportunities employer (see our code of conduct for more information).
Workers from outside the EU
ITDev does not process applications from candidates that have restrictions on their right to work, or their right to work has an expiry date. We do not consider international students or other applicants with visas that only provide a temporary right to work.
ITDev does not have a UK Border Agency sponsor license, so we do not sponsor workers from outside the European Economic Area.
All candidates that are invited for interview will be requested to bring documentation to confirm their identity and their unrestricted right to work in the UK.