In the Internet age it is common for devices to be interconnected in some way. ITDev has an excellent track record in designing communications schemes and making technology choices in this area.
We have a deep knowledge of Internet protocols from SMTP to SOAP and can utilise these existing standards to rapidly develop a solution.
We apply the latest standards of modularisation, testing and design for security to our communications work.
For systems with low resources, where good performance is needed, a custom protocol may be the correct choice. ITDev can help with:
- Choice of packet or stream based systems
- Mapping data into a suitable representation
- Analysis of states, timing, concurrency and race conditions
- Implementing standard network layering using the OSI model
- Unit testing, documentation and verification
- Performance testing
Often our custom protocols are built on a common base such as:
- The socket programming interface
ITDev has created a virtual network model using embedded Linux to facilitate the development of next generation TCP/IP queueing algorithms, for enhanced quality of service (QoS).
We have partnered with a company to develop firmware implementing the IEEE 802.15.4 specification for building ultra low-power digital radio networks using the Zigbee standard.
We have worked with companies deploying the latest RFID technology into wireless data measurement and location devices.
Relevant Communications Standards
- IEEE 802.15.4
- TCP/IP and UDP
- SOAP (an XML based protocol for delivering web services)